There are many resources available to members on the Optometry NSW/ACT website. To utilise these, you may need to download documents and presentations that require specific software applications to view them.
- Downloading - When downloading documents and resources available on this website, PC users should right-click (i.e. the right hand mouse button) and choose "save as" from the pop-up window. Mac users should control + click to download.
- PDF documents - Viewing documents in the Adobe Acrobat PDF format will require Adobe Acrobat Reader software. If your computer does not currently have this software installed, click here to download and install this software.
- Multimedia documents - Multimedia documents available for download from this website are software independent. This means they do not require any specific software to run/view them. Simply download the file (as outlined above) then double-click on the file to execute (begin) playing the multimedia file.
A new resource has been created by NSW Health Agency for Clinical Innovation collating information on how to refer patients to NSW public hospital eye clinics. Click here for details.
The downloadable Excel documents below are new to the member's section:
- FBT Comparison Calculator - This Excel document can help you to assess if packaging a motor vehicle into your salary will be worthwhile.
- Practice Sales Cash Flow (Cold Start) - Updated version coming soon
This Excel document calculates income and expenses for a new optometry practice start-up.
- Practice Sales Cash Flow (Model Purchase) - Updated version coming soon
This Excel document calculates income and expenses for an established optometry practice.