Welcome to Optometry Victoria’s Immediate Graduate members page
On this page you can find out more about how to become an Immediate Graduate member of Optometry Victoria, for six months free of charge!
Immediate Graduate membership includes:
- full Professional Indemnity Insurance with AVANT, including high quality, 24 hour medico-legal support;
- free CPD seminars, events and information specifically for early career members developed and delivered by our Early Career Optometrists Victoria committee;
- free CPD seminars throughout the year in Melbourne and regional areas;
- tailored advice as you require it including assistance with employment contracts and salary negotiations;
- a range of resources and information at your fingertips, including our bi-monthly Scope magazine, and Pharma and Clinical and Experiemental Optometry journals;
- national advocacy through Optometry Australia where we fight for the best outcomes for the profession and our members and,
- the opportunity to be part of the conversation about what's next for the profession, and what the association should be doing to ensure optometrists working lives are rewarding and fulfilling.
We also work hard to provide a sense of collegiality, support and fun for our members. Our free, Immediate Graduates dinner, held in a beautiful CBD-located restaurant, provides members with a fantastic opportunity to re-connect with peers, catch up and share stories. The next dinner will be held in April 2018.
Immediate Graduate membership is available for:
• Deakin University Optometry graduates from July to December in the year of completiion of studies.
• University of Melbourne Optometry graduates from January to June in the year immediately following completion of studies.
After this time you are eligible for Recent Graduate membership, which is a significantly reduced-rate, twelve month membership.
How to apply
To update your membership to Immediate Graduate status, please log-in to the Member Portal, click on 'My Membership', then 'Subscription'.
If you have any questions at all about memberrship, or the process for renewing, please feel free to email us at email@example.com or call us on (03) 9652 9100. We're very happy to help.