ECOV Tips and Tricks for Examining Little Humans
WRAP UP: Tips and tricks for examining little humans: a paediatric seminar by Peter Nixon and Dr Christolyn Raj
A full house enjoyed the ECOV Tips and Tricks for Examining Little Humans: a Paediatric Seminar, hosted at the new Optometry Victoria Seminar Room.
Guest speakers Peter Nixon and Dr. Christolyn Raj gave informative and enjoyable presentations, capped off by a panel case study discussion.
60 delegates attended, gaining 6 theapeutic points for the seminar.
- To identify techniques to be able to assess paediatric patients competently
- To identify when and what to prescribe or when to refer paediatric cases
- To update knowledge on strabismus and amblyopia management
- To be able to correctly identify normal from abnormal ocular presentation is in children
- To appreciate the variabilty in presentation of childhood cataract and manage according to their impact on vision and amblyopia
- To become proficient in long-term management of common chronic childhood conditions and be able to apply a risk-assessment model to their management