Optometry Western Australia, is a not for profit organisation dedicated to servicing the profession of Optometry in Western Australia.
ABN: 42 736 864 919
With a long history in Western Australia – Optometry Western Australia commenced in 1916 under the name the Western Australian Optical Association.
Adapting well to change, and to accommodate our members needs Optometry Western Australia has undergone many facelifts over the years. Behind each change the basic principal of servicing our members, improving professional standards and the health and well-being of the community has been at the forefront of the organisation's thinking.
The following names have been used over the years to reflect the changing needs of the profession:
- 1916 Western Australia Optical Association
- 1939 Western Australian Optometrical Association, Inc.
- 1955 Australian Optometrical Association (Western Australian Division).
- 1998 Optometrists Association Australia, Western Australian Division.
- 2014 Optometry Western Australia